Team Leader, Paint Team
Team Leader, Paint Team
This person is directly responsible for the assignment and coordination and/or executions of activities within the paint department to ensure a productive workforce that supports that facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Paint Shop Team Leader is a working lead and will be required to perform many primary functions such as the following.
- Lead and train multiple technicians along with maintaining all paint pertaining equipment
- Apply paint, clear coat cut and buff
- Minor metal work
- Manage inventory of all supplies
- Remove or blend out old or damaged paint and or coatings
- Prep, mask, tape, prime top coat,
- Mix paint and coatings using correct formulas
- Deliver high quality paint results free from blemishes (runs sags, drips, etc)
- Paint inspections and repairs
- Maintain work area and equipment in compliance with safety and quality standards
- Improves quality be enforcing and establishing quality systems, processes and procedures.
- Maintain safety goals and champion safety programs.
- Maintains an injury free and organized work environment; corrects and communicates any unsafe acts; conduct regular safety talks with employees; report all accidents/incidents promptly while conducting accident investigations and implement recommendations as needed.
- Ensure productivity and that cost goals are met by taking responsibility of the production staff and results by communicating job expectations, planning and monitoring and appraising job results.
- Implement improvements and cost reductions.
- Assists employees with questions to reduce delays.
- Ensures best practices are consistently followed throughout the shop.
Preferred Experience and Training:
- Previous and professional experience in Automotive body shop repair and paint application
- Previous experience as a lead/supervisor
- Previous and professional experience in maintaining automotive paint equipment
- Previous experience working against timed job standards and a proven record of being able to meet completion standards.
- Attention to detail in every aspect of the job
- Must demonstrate strong leadership abilities along with the aptitude to work as a team.
- Troubleshooting and evaluating options to determine the best course of action.
- Excellent leadership and people skills.
- Good verbal and written skills.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as part of a successful and growing organization.
Interested candidates should use the "Click To Apply" link to submit a resume in complete confidence.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.